Commitment to Quality
Lenoir Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. This means we voluntarily submit to an extensive evaluation of our compliance with the Joint Commission quality hospital standards on a continuing basis.
- The State of North Carolina, Department of Health Service Regulation
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act - Laboratory
- The Joint Commission-Laboratory
- North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources (Nuclear Medicine)
ADDITIONAL AND SPECIFIC CREDENTIALS INCLUDE:
- American Association for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation for certified cardiac rehab
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group for radiation therapy approved protocols
- NRC Picker surveys our inpatients. A random number of patients discharged are selected, and we use these responses to improve our patients experiences in the future. This information is also reported to CMS and appears on Hospital Compare, a website that compares all hospitals on common quality and patient experience parameters.
- Day Surgery patients are surveyed using a survey developed at Lenoir Memorial. These surveys are conducted on a quarterly basis to request patient feedback.
- Press Ganey is the vendor used to survey our Emergency Department patients.
- NC Hospital Association
- Southern Atlantic Healthcare Alliance
- NC and local Chambers of Commerce
- 2007-2008 American Heart Association Fit Friendly Company-gold level
- 2008 NC Prevention Partners- Healthcare Excellence
- Lenoir Memorial Clinical Care among the best in the Nation
- Watson received Clinical Trials Participation award
- Lenoir Memorial General Surgery ranked #1 in North Carolina
- Cardiac Rehab nationally certified
- Hospital receives recognition for quality cancer care
Send Us Your Story
Lenoir Memorial has added a feature to its website at www.lenoirmemorial.org. Those with hospital stories they'd like to share can click on the "Send Us Your Story" tab on the home page and will be taken to a special form created for you to tell us your Lenoir Memorial story. Submissions can be private or public depending on what you prefer. Send us your story. Through your hospital stories we can continue to work towards a patient-centered care environment for our patients and continue on our mission to provide exceptional healthcare for the people we serve.LEARN MORE
HealthLink - Winter 2015
Check out the latest edition of Lenoir HealthLink! Download the pdfLEARN MORE
Lenoir Memorial Board votes to pursue strategic partnership with Novant Health
After a yearlong selection process for a strategic partner, the Lenoir Memorial Board of Directors has unanimously voted to pursue a partnership through a management agreement with Novant Health, hospital officials announced today. The decision follows a thorough search and exploration process led by the board to select a partner who would best position Lenoir Memorial for the future of healthcare and create a stronger health system for the Kinston community. "For more than a century, Kinston has had a community hospital and the chapter we're beginning today will preserve that legacy of local healthcare for future generations," said Gary Black, president and CEO of Lenoir Memorial. "Through an affiliation with Novant Health, we will further enhance the services we provide, ensuring that high-quality care remains close to home." The Lenoir Memorial Board now enters discussions with Novant Health to structure the terms of the partnership, leading to the signing of the management agreement, which the board hopes to finalize this spring.LEARN MORE
Affordable Care Act and Healthcare Marketplace
Lenoir Memorial plays a vital role in educating uninsured patients about their coverage options and helping them navigate the Marketplace. There are several ways to apply for health coverage. You can apply online using a laptop or desktop computer. (You may not be able to complete the application using a smartphone or tablet.) You can also fill out a paper application, apply over the telephone or apply in person at certain sites. Find out more about the different ways to apply here. Certified Application Counselors (CAC) are available within Lenoir Memorial to educate consumers and aid them in completing an application for coverage. If you have questions or wish to set up an appointment, you may contact Terrence Body, social worker at 252-522-7977, a patient accounts counselor at 252-522-7000 or call 800-318-8596 at any time of day, seven days a week. Or visit HealthCare.gov.LEARN MORE
Yoga and Flexibility: Limber up with some smart poses!
Being sore and having tight muscles can really slow you down on a daily basis, and even more so during exercising. Did you know that yoga is a great practice that can increase limberness, while also keeping muscles and joints healthy? Join Graham as he discusses yogo positions that will stretch your muscles, loosen up tightness, and relax your whole body!LEARN MORE
What’s App with that?
Learn what Apps you can download to help you with glucose management, exercise, and nutrition. Join Sandra and Angie for this informative talk and be sure to bring your smart phone or tablet. No advanced reservations required. If you have questions call Sandra at 252-522-7616.LEARN MORE
Turning up the heat: How sun smart are you?
Warmer weather, longer days, and the relaxed energy of summer make it a perfect time to enjoy your favorite outdoor hobbies. Join Brittney to test your knowledge and gain some healthy tips on exercising in the heat. Free to the public.LEARN MORE
Get Your Rear In Gear - November 5
This free colorectal screening clinic is for men & women age 40 and up who have never been screened for or had colorectal cancer. The clinic will be led by members of the WellAare team and the Lenoir Memorial Gastro staff. This screening is funded in part by a grant from Get Your Rear in Gear - Kinston and the Lenoir Memorial Foundation. Call 522-7014 to complete required registration.LEARN MORE
Get Your Rear In Gear - Sept 10
This free colorectal cancer screening clinic is free for men and women age 40 and up who have never been screened for or had colorectal cancer. The clinic will be led by members of the WellAware team and the Lenoir Memorial Gastro staff. This screening is funded in part by a grant from Get Your Rear In Gear-Kinston and the Lenoir Memorial Foundation. Call 522-7014 to complete the required registration.LEARN MORE