Commitment to Quality
Lenoir Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. This means we voluntarily submit to an extensive evaluation of our compliance with the Joint Commission quality hospital standards on a continuing basis.
- The State of North Carolina, Department of Health Service Regulation
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act - Laboratory
- The Joint Commission-Laboratory
- North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources (Nuclear Medicine)
ADDITIONAL AND SPECIFIC CREDENTIALS INCLUDE:
- American College of Surgeons as having a comprehensive community hospital cancer program
- American Association for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation for certified cardiac rehab
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group for radiation therapy approved protocols
- NRC Picker surveys our inpatients. A random number of patients discharged are selected, and we use these responses to improve our patients experiences in the future. This information is also reported to CMS and appears on Hospital Compare, a website that compares all hospitals on common quality and patient experience parameters.
- Day Surgery patients are surveyed using a survey developed at Lenoir Memorial. These surveys are conducted on a quarterly basis to request patient feedback.
- Press Ganey is the vendor used to survey our Emergency Department patients.
- NC Hospital Association
- Southern Atlantic Healthcare Alliance
- NC and local Chambers of Commerce
- 2007-2008 American Heart Association Fit Friendly Company-gold level
- 2008 NC Prevention Partners- Healthcare Excellence
- Lenoir Memorial Clinical Care among the best in the Nation
- Watson received Clinical Trials Participation award
- Lenoir Memorial General Surgery ranked #1 in North Carolina
- Cardiac Rehab nationally certified
- Hospital receives recognition for quality cancer care
Dr. Charles Moore joins staff
The Lenoir Memorial medical community would like to welcome Dr. Charles Moore to the medical staff. Dr. Moore recently completed a fellowship in minimally invasive/ bariatric surgery at the ECU Brody School of Medicine. Prior to his move to Greenville he was an attending surgeon, trauma, critical care, and general surgeon at the Aria Health System in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Moore is married to Lisa a professor at the Brody School of Medicine. They have two children. Dr. Moore may be reached at Lenoir Surgical 252-775-5999.LEARN MORE
HealthLink - Fall 2014
Check out the latest edition of Lenoir HealthLink! Download the pdf.LEARN MORE
Health Needs Assessment
Lenoir County Health Department and Lenoir Memorial Hospital are conducting a county-wide health assessment. Your opinions about our community are important to us. Please complete the 2014 Community Health Assessment survey located at this link https;//docs.google.com/forms/d/1aAOrM2yYy9LUs7uhbpQY8H3Ckxdizx6xL7dG02zRjw0/viewform?usp=send_form
Farmers Market pre-ordered deliveries at LMH
Join Chelsea Sutton from Natures Touch Farm in LaGrange as she explains the pre-order process and describes products available from local farmers that will make access to fresh, local, and organic options easy for pick up at LMH. Pre-order online every other week for pick up on alternate Tuesdays outside the Minges Wellness Center. Pre-ordering online opens July 14. Information session are on July7 and July 10 at 1 p.m. at the Minges Wellness Center in studio A.LEARN MORE
T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) is an effective way to manage weight control. There is a nominal fee to join TOPS. Patricia Wyrick is the facilitator for Wednesday mornings and may be reached at 252-523-5391. These meetings are held from 9 am - 10:30 am in the Neuse Room at Lenoir Memorial (enter through the Minges Wellness Center entrance). Wayne Seymour is the facilitator for Monday nights and may be reached at 252-569-1681. These meetings are held from 7 pm - 8 pm in the Lenoir Memorial auditorium which is located on the lower level.LEARN MORE
I Can Cope - for anyone whose life has been affected by cancer
What's new with Social Security and Medicare? Join Jay Lewis, operations supervisor at the Lenoir County Social Security Administration, for updated information on these programs. Free to the public but registration is required by calling Janet Scism at 252-522-7600.
Learning about Medicare is not much of a party! Coming to a free seminar with an expert? A piece of cake.
Do you have questions about Medicare benefits, coordination of benefits with existing health insurance, enrollment periods, etc.? If so make plans now to join Barbara Pope from the NC Cooperative Extension-Lenoir County Senior Health Insurance Information Program and she will update you on recent changes and answer any questions you may have. No registration required and this seminar is FREE! Sponsored by Seniors Health Insurance Information Program - Lenoir County.LEARN MORE
Join Sandra Midyette, RN, CDE, as she discusses the importance of blood sugar control to prevent both short and long-term diabetes complications. The many complications of diabetes can be prevented and delayed. Join us for an informative session that might be able to help you or someone you love!LEARN MORE
Halloween Candy Calorie Crushers: Exercise equivalents of Halloween Candy
Do you know how much gym time you'll need to burn off your favorite Halloween treats? Exercise Specialist Brittney Bradshaw will help you navigate the dangers of Halloween candy and tell you how to little treat can be a trick to get rid of on the exercise floor! Free to the public!LEARN MORE
Walking for health: Put on those walking shoes!
Do you know how many steps you walk per day? Do you know how many steps you are supposed to walk per day? Aiming for 10,000 steps everyday has many beneficial impacts on overall health, ranging from weight loss, to cardiovascular risk reduction, to strengthening your muscles and bones! Come join Graham as he discusses why 10,000 is more than just a number when it comes to walking for your health! Attendees will receive a Minges Wellness Center pedometer to help track their steps!LEARN MORE